Tuesday, 4 May 2010

7 Movie Questions

Sugary Cynic says I have to answer these questions and nominate two other people to do theirs. I pass the baton to Jess at A Nerd Like Me and Dave at The Wordsmith's Toilet, if they can be arsed to do it.

1. What was your first movie-going experience?
I went to see "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade". Read about it here.

2. How many DVDs do you own?
About thirty. Not that many for a nerd-box, I know, but I had to cull my collection a few years back when I needed beer money at university.

3. What is your guilty pleasure movie?
Probably something with Jason Statham, like "Crank" or "The Transporter". I find the "Crank" films hugely entertaining, but can't fully justify their existence. Are they satirising the ridiculous, sadistic, macho, misogynism of high-concept action cinema, or merely dragging it down to a whole new level? Either way, they make me laugh.

4. You’ve compiled a list of your top 100 movies. Which films didn’t make the cut?
The shit ones.

5. Which movie(s) do you compulsively watch over and over again?
The good ones.

6. Classic(s) you’re ashamed to admit you haven’t seen yet?
"Casablanca".

7. What movie posters are hanging in your room?
I don't have any posters in my room. My room is stark and empty and squalid. In the projection booth, we have posters for "Rambo", "Rocky", "Indiana Jones", "Star Wars", "Tron", "Hot Fuzz", "Quantum of Solace", "The Prestige", "Smoking Aces", "The Dark Knight", "Hellboy 2", "28 Weeks Later", "Children of Men" and "D.O.A.". You know, the one with Holly Valance and her out of "My Name is Earl"?

4 comments:

  1. Don't tell me you've taken the Monster House poster down!
    I'll pick up the baton soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. selling your movies for beer money?! How could you? (I sold my french textbook)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All done. Although the "classics you've never seen" question is inevitably embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum.....I do have two movie posters in my office, a reprodution of "Night of the Living Dead" and an original framed poster from "Freaks".......a gift from my lovely husband this past Christmas.

    ReplyDelete